|ALATAS’ SERVICE||WORKSHOP REPAIR|
|LOCATION||ASIA / SINGAPORE / SINGAPORE|
|BRAND||TOBU JUKOGYO Co . Ltd RSHC-120 / 60×5 12/6 m3|
The grab became inoperable during the loading procedure when the hydraulic cylinder piston rod snapped in its top mounting position.
Alatas Workshop was tasked with fixing Grab. A brand-new cylinder was provided by the client. A new cylinder was installed on the Grab by the Alatas Workshop crew.
The Alatas Turkey specialists first tested the crane before doing all the essential inspections to identify any problems.
- Tobu was taken out of the vessel.
- Alatas arranged sea & land transportation for the grab to be picked up from Vessel (at anchorage) and bring it over to our workshop.
- Dismantle the grab by removing the middle frame, wire rope, and hydraulic cylinder.
- The existing cylinder’s piston rod was damaged on arrival. Partial of the piston rod & top gland nut were broken & seized onto the housing. The top gland was cut out via hot works. The seized partial piston rod was removed by using the 60-ton Hydraulic Jack.
- New cylinder installed
- New solenoid valve installed
- New rubber plates were installed on both sides of the grab.
- New hydraulic hoses, fittings, and breathers were installed.
- Drained and cleaned the hydraulic tank and refilled it with new hydraulic oil
- Complete grab re-assembled and greased where required
- Grab function tested. Grab fully closed/opened and able to hold. The results were found satisfactory.
- Delivered repaired grab back to the vessel