|Alatas Service||Field service|
|Location||EMEA, France, Normandy|
Alatas, in close cooperation with its specialized partner, exchanged the short rail on 2 ZPMC STS cranes within the shortest time frame to keep operational disturbance to an absolute minimum. The short rail is a wear and tear part with a significant impact on the crane driver’s experience during operation when worn out.
Resolve the problem with a focus on Quality and minimum downtime of the asset. Our partner provided a specialized platform to access the required locations and worked in shifts.
FULL WORK SCOPE
- Fabricate the four short rail pieces with overlength.
- Assemble the working platform and hoist it into position using a machine hoist crane.
- Drive working platform to work location and secure position
- Determine cutting location on existing rails. Cut and remove.
- Adapt and position a new short rail.
- Measure steel filling plate and manufacture accordingly.
- Weld, adjust and reclamp all parts.