|Americas, Columbia, Tolu
Alatas Mexico was requested to undertake a sheave bearing replacement and crane condition evaluation.
The sheave bearing had failed during cargo operation.
Alatas personnel were mobilized from Mexico. Once the vessel arrived in Tolu, Columbia, the personnel started to work according to the plan.
- Alatas Technicians were secured to the structure.
- The pin and sheave were removed.
- Replaced new bearing and spacer, brought up sheave to the boom location
- Put back wire rope and removed the scaffolding and all items
- All the crane functions were tested
- The job was performed successfully