|ALATAS’ SERVICE||FIELD SERVICE|
|LOCATION||EMEA/ ROMANIA/ COSTANZA|
|BRAND||MacGregor GLB 3628-2/ 28.828gr|
Alatas Turkey’s technicians began by preparing Crane No. 3 for the removal of the boom head sheave assembly.
The Alatas Turkey technicians were on the vessel to renew the Crane jib head sheave in Romania.
The boom head sheaves assembly guards and grease were removed by Alatas Turkey personnel. They dismantled the sheaves, followed by replacement and assembly of the sheaves.
- Once the Alatas Turkey technicians attended to the vessel, they had a Toolbox meeting with the crew and the captain of the ship.
- Preparations for the dismantling of the boom head sheave assembly on No. 3 Crane have commenced.
- The 3rd crane was placed in the rest position. The technicians secured the hood by placing it on the ship’s deck. They removed the boom head sheaves assembly guards and grease hoses.
- Then the technicians secured the wires. The man basket supplied by the ship was tied with a rope under the end of the boom.
- The technicians of Alatas Turkey dismantled the sheave group and placed it on the hatch cover.
- Then they replaced the damaged outer right hoisting sheave with a new one.
- They checked the other sheaves but no problem was found.
- Then they cleared all the sheaves.
- They transferred the sheave group to the crane then they installed it. They fitted the guards and then installed the grease hoses.
- The sheave’s pin was lubricated with new grease.
- Finally, the specialists tested the Crane and handed it over to the customer in working order.