|LHM 1200 HD
Alatas Singapore was recommended to the Indian company Essar Steel by a Malaysian crane seller for this commissioning of two Liebherr LHM 1200HDs.
Our task was to supervise the transportation of the Liebherr cranes from the Port of Pasir Gudang in Malaysia to the Port of Hazira, an Indian port operated by Essar.
At the location, Essar will use the LHM 1200 HDs to handle rolled steel coils with a C-hook and shredded scrap metal using a grab.
Job Scope for Commissioning Two Liebherr LHM 1200 HDs
- Pre-planning and establishment of a detailed decommissioning and commissioning schedule
- Decommissioning in Port of Pasir Gudang in Johor, Malaysia
- Decommissioning lasted 8 days to take both Liebherr cranes down, pack and deliver ready alongside – Carried out November 2004
- Commissioning in India was carried out by utilising Essar’s team of technicians under the guidance of Rainer Schmied, who is Alatas’s senior Harbour mobile crane engineer.
- Commissioning was completed within 6 weeks and included a full refurbishment with a full function check and adjustments to Liebherr Factory Standards.
- Comprehensive training for Essar’s technical staff provided during and after commissioning on site.
- All logistic requirements and spare parts supply was handled by Alatas’s professional team at cost-competitive rates.