|Alatas Service||Workshop Repairs|
|Gearbox Model||640.0 NR.1198|
A customer sent us a gearbox for one of their PSA cranes to our Singapore Workshop. These Cavotec gearbox repairs were required due to a leaking shaft seals coming from the main shaft.
Our Singapore workshop took on the overhaul of the Cavotec gearbox which included inspection and component replacement.
Alatas inspected the gearbox, found the source of the problem and got to work on the overhaul of the Cavotec gearbox right away.
Alatas Engineers Suggest an Extra Fix for Cavotec Gearbox Repair
For the Cavotec gearbox repairs, we also suggested and installed an additional V-ring at the main shaft and shaft seal ring to prevent the same corrosion issue from happening again.
- Main Shaft found with corrosion at the shaft seal areas which was causing the leakage.
- All corroded areas were in need of re-chroming.
- Bearings, seals and screw sets were replaced.
- To prevent for the future, we suggested installing additional 1x V-Ring at the main shaft (cable drum flange) and addition 1x V-ring (slip-ring side) and use grease collar between the shaft seal ring and V-Rings
- NDT testing performed on all internal gears and main shaft with no defects found
- Painting touch-ups on all components.