|Crane Type||Lattice Boom Crane|
|Crane Model||BOS 30/1100|
Alatas UK’s Engineering Team based in Aberdeen, Scotland, was contracted to create slew bearing jacking systems designs for a slew bearing replacement of a Liebherr BOS 30/1100.
The teeth for slew bearing were worn down and in need of replacement. Our experienced engineering design team created a 3D design to allow the slew bearing to be changed out. This service is part of our Project Management Services.
- Review drawings of the crane to ascertain the dimensions and sizes and compare these with dimensions taken from surveys to the crane itself
- Create model of the crane in 3D.
- The jacking frame is designed to fit the crane base, raising the crane to allow the bearing to be removed and replaced.
- Check the stress values on the jacking frame using the predicted loads.
- Design a skidding frame to allow the bearing to be dropped onto and slid out on for it to be lifted away and replaced.