|NOV National Oilwell Varco
This project relating to a NOV boom cylinder replacement was for a subsea construction vessel equipped with a 250 ton main OC4475KSCE-(50-250) Active Heave Compensated Offshore crane.
The luffing cylinders on the main boom were leaking and had to be removed, overhauled ashore and reinstalled. As this is a substantial job, the owners issued a crane repair tender which was awarded to Alatas Singapore Pte Ltd, as we could deliver the shortest repair times.
Alatas carried out the project engineering work, supplied crane engineers as well as mobilising the labour and rigging equipment to carry out the following work.
Job Scope for NOV Boom Cylinder Replacement
- Remove both main boom cylinders for overhaul ashore
- Change the cylinder bushings
- Reinstall the overhauled cylinders
- Carry our crane function testing
- Carry out proof load testing 275T main hoist, 25T aux. hoist and 4T man riding
The work was carried out on schedule, within budget and to the high standards our customers have come to expect.