Alatas Service: Workshop Repairs, System Upgrades
The Alatas Singapore Workshop was given the task of performing the overhaul of Capstan with E-Motor 8PM3569F.
As with all jobs in Alatas workshops across our locations in Asia, EMEA and the Americas, we inspect any assets that we are sent. Take a look at the findings from the inspection below.
Inspection before overhaul of Capstan with E-Motor 8PM3569F
- NDT Testing performed on all gears and results found them to be working well
- Gearbox housing, drum and covers are in normal working condition and no fabrication required
- The main shaft seal journals were worn out and found with heavy corrosion and pitted marks
- Main housing threaded holes were worn out and some also damaged
- All bearings worn out
- All shaft seal rings and gaskets were hardened
- Complete bolts set found to be corroded
- E-Motor bearings were worn out
Here are the steps we took to complete the repair of the capstan.
- Thorough cleaning of gearbox and removal of signs of corrosion
- Grinding and hard chroming on oil seal journal area
- Drill and tap M6 x 6 holes
- E-motor rewound
- E-Motor completely overhauled
- Re-assembled gearbox with new machined parts, bearings and screws and overhauled E-Motor
- Painted complete unit with 1x coat primer and 1x topcoat in black
- Filled gearbox with gear oil
- Connected power supply to the E-Motor and conducted function test
- The test was successful with no vibrations or noise