|Alatas Service||Field Service, Inspections, Reactivation, Load Testing|
|Location||Abu Dhabi, UAE|
|Vessel||Offshore Construction Barge|
|Crane Type||Rope Luffing Deck Crane|
|Crane Manufacturer||Favelle Favco|
Alatas Middle East was contracted to carry out offshore crane reactivation services in UAE. A client recently purchased a secondhand Favelle Favco PC250 rope luffing deck crane for a new offshore project in India.
The Favelle Favco PC250 was onboard a construction barge that the owners had laid up for many years in Indonesia. Ahead of its work in India, the crane required reactivating and safety and load tests to ensure it was ready for the project.
Alatas Middle East mobilised experienced crane engineers, remote technical support and load test equipment for up to 220t to Abu Dhabi, where the unit was situated to conduct the following work.
- Carry out a 5 yearly survey as per ABS – guidance for the certification of lifting
- Appliances – January 2018 Chapter 3
- Mechanical fault finding and repair
- Electrical fault finding, repair and calibration
- Hydraulic fault finding, repair and pressure adjustments.
- Overload testing to 1.1x the SWL of the Favell Favco PC250 using water bags
If you require assistance for your crane operations in UAE or anywhere in the world, please Contact Us.