|Alatas Service||Field Service|
Alatas Middle East was called by a Bulk Carrier owner for this Liebherr CBW luffing cylinder overhaul.
The vessel, anchored at Dubai Maritime City, had three sets of Liebherr CBW cranes which required the removal of luffing cylinders and renewal of all pivot pins, bearings and bush sets.
Job Scope for Liebherr CBW Luffing Cylinder Overhaul
- Job site visit with Captain, Chief Engineer and discussed tools, materials, and workforce required for the job
- Mobilisation of workforce, tools and materials
- Erection of scaffolding for safe access to crane cylinders and pivot area
- Rigging and securing the luffing cylinder by belt slings and chain blocks
- Removal & installation of luffing cylinder pins, bearings and rigging down hydraulic cylinders
- Major overhauling & pressure test of all six luffing cylinders at Alatas workshop (piston rod chroming, new seal kits, barrel honing, build up and machining of cylinder eye )
- All pivot pin and bearings are seized it requires gouging and cutting of pins enable to pull out
- Renewal of hydraulic hoses for luffing cylinders
- Crane function test and safety device test
- Crane load test with GL surveyor
- Crane hand over