|Alatas Service||Field Service|
|Crane Model||CBB 60(40)/16(28.5)|
The vessel is equipped with two CBB 60(40)/16(28.5) Liebherr 60T cranes and one required a rope sheave bearing replacement. Crane-1’s hoisting rope sheave bearing had failed and also damaged the sheave pin.
Alatas Singapore was tasked to procure a new pin and Teflon spacers and carry out the sheave repairs at anchorage; working around the clock to deliver for the client.
Job Scope for Rope Sheave Bearing Replacement
- Delivered spare parts:
1x fabricated rope sheave pin
2x Teflon spacers, tools and staging material on board
- Slacked Crane-1 hoisting and luffing wire ropes and removed hoisting wire from defective rope sheave
- Erected a hanging staging on top of the Crane-1 with slewing column around the Work Area 4. Welded distance brackets between rope sheave mounting plates to prevent distorting the plates during jacking-out of the rope sheave axle
- Jacking out rope sheave pin via hollow jack
- Not able to jack out pin, as it was already jammed. Instead, flame cut and gauge out the pin
- Cut the pin, removed cut pieces of pin and bearing and brought down rope sheave to the main deck for further repairs
- Cleaned and polished sheave bush and snap ring slots
- Replaced new bearing and brought up sheave to the crane slewing column top
- Installed repaired sheave, new pin and Teflon spacers back into location
- Put back hoisting wire rope and removed staging and all items
- Test all crane functions with various speeds to the satisfaction or the attending Superintendent Engineer
The repair was carried out successfully and on time and the crane was fully restored.