|Alatas Service||System Upgrades, Field Service|
|Location||Wilhelmshaven → Bremerhaven, Germany|
|Vessel Type||Bulk Carrier|
|Crane Manufacturer||Ningbo Kairong Ship Machinery|
For this Ningbo Kairong engine room crane upgrade, our team in Germany visited the Maersk vessel on two occasions. Firstly in Wilhelmshaven to deliver new parts, and, after a conversation with the vessel’s 2nd Engineer, to carry out additional work required and perform tests at Bremerhaven.
- Removed old hoist motors from trolley
- Removed old brake. (will not be used, New motor got proper brake inside..
- Installed new motors in place and tightened all fixing bolts.
- Fit both switchboards together and fit them on the support bars.
- Fit cable trays, new converters and DIN rail onto the mounting plate.
- Removed old converter cards from trolleys and disconnected all electrical wiring..
- Installed new motor cable additionally to the existing cable.
- Changed some existing wiring to drive trolley 1 when trolley 1 is selected.
Commissioning and Adjustment
- Measured all electrical connections to prevent faulty connections.
- Switched and measured all fuses one by one.
- Commissioned converter cards with laptop
- Delivered emergency operation handle on board