|Alatas Service||Field Service|
|Crane Type||Deck Crane|
|Crane Model||EH 3028-2 – SWL 30T x 28M|
|Equipment||Rope Winch, Gearbox|
Alatas Singapore was contracted to carry out KGW-Luzhou deck crane repairs aboard a bulk carrier vessel. The EH 3028-2 model cranes we attended were prototypes built by Chinese manufacturer KGW Luzhou Machine Co, Nanjing and have only been equipped to a limited number of ships.
This rare crane model frequently experiences breakdowns which are caused by either a malfunctioning crane control system with sensor and PLC faults, or problems with its hydraulics.
For our client, the issue was a damaged rope winch and a collapsed planetary gearbox which was caused during a stop at a previous port. The owner arranged outside contractors to dismantle and remove the damaged rope winch out of the crane and tasked Alatas Singapore to fit a new gearbox and reinstall the rope winch and all assorted hydraulic components.
Even with rare cranes such as the KGW-Luzhou EH 3028-2, Alatas has the relevant expertise and experience to ensure that repairs like this one carried out successfully and on time.
- Assemble gearbox into hoisting rope winch on deck
- Arrange rigging, lift-up and install rope winch back to the winch frame inside the crane.
- Install back hydraulic motor, valves, fittings and hoses
- Perform function testing and reeve wire rope
- Adjust hoisting encoder and limit switches
- Carry out waterbag load testing