Alatas is a long-standing specialist service provider to customers in the Marine and Offshore industries. For over 30 years, we have specialists in cranes and lifting services and 5 Yearly Special Periodic Survey Providers (SPS).
Below is an example of the expansive range of services that are included in our SPS service. It includes inspections and recertification of a wide range of crane and equipment and components.
Cranes and Equipment to be Serviced
- 3 x Bake Marine Cranes, BMC 900, BMC 1600, BMC 2250
- Overhaul Hägglunds Compact Motors CA 70, CA 140 , CA 210
- Overhaul Winch Brakes MDA 7, MDA 10, MDA 14
- Overhaul Rexroth Pumps 11VO190LRDS & Parker Pumps P76
- Overhaul Detroit Diesel Engines
– 4 x Anchor Winches & Fair Leads
– 4 x JD Neuhaus 50T Air Hoists
– 4 x Moon Pool Utility Winch Overhauls
– 2 x NOV Man‐riding Winches Misc. Drill Floor Equipment
The initial work scope included the complete strip-down, inspection, parts supply, overhaul and testing of all crane components which was successfully completed by our highly trained and qualified Service Engineers and Workshop Technicians and support staff.
Alatas delivered cost-effective solutions through our robust supply chain, which allowed the sourcing of parts through our global network to deliver the project cost-effectively and to the highest standards.
This was picked up on by the client during the initial phase of the project and leading to Alatas becoming the single point of contact tasked to carry out the overhaul of NOV drilling equipment, ball valves & large nitrogen charging packages and more.
Specific Components Serviced
- 1 x BX4‐50 Elevator
- 2 x Drill Floor Man Riding Winches
- 1 x 16” Diverter Valves
- 1 x HR Gripper Head
- 1 x Mouse Hole
- 1 x Pick Up Elevator
- 6 x Hook Block Overhaul
Alatas Marine Engineering carried out all component overhaul in our workshop facility in Singapore to ensure the highest quality standards were met.
The overhauls include dynamic testing and issue of comprehensive repair and test reports, inclusive of Alatas Quality Certificate before delivery to site.
- Onshore engineering support was provided to manage planning, preparation, support, progress and final close out of the project
- Mobilised the implementation team and equipment at the scheduled shipyard docking, with all supporting documentation supplied
- All three cranes underwent five year SPS inspections, crane condition evaluations, hydraulic component overhaul, as well as general maintenance, upgrade work and load testing
- All cranes had thrust washer and radial bearings changed out
- Alatas workshop undertook all overhaul work to ensure highest possible QAQC standards were met and project timelines did not slip due to late delivery.
Summary of Alatas Service
- Highly qualified multi‐disciplined service engineers
- Cost effect overhaul solutions as all components were overhauled in house
- Multi‐disciplined on‐site implementation team
- Hire equipment supply including specialised tooling solutions:
- Hydraulic torque/tension equipment
- Hydraulic pulling equipment
- Power tools
- Safety equipment
- Spooling winches/rope stand
- Hydraulic/electric test equipment
- Load test equipment
- Lifting equipment supply, including project rigging loft and boom lifting equipment
- Supply of replacement spares
- Effective planning to minimise disruption during dry-docking
- Cost savings for the client through a global supply chain network
- Safely completed on time and on budget