|Alatas Service||Workshop Repairs|
|Crane Manufacturer||Davit International|
|Crane Model||C-GEB. 50|
These Davit International monorail crane repairs was for a vessel in the Jurong shipyard. The vessel is equipped with a D-I Davit International, type C-GEB. 50 monorail crane mounted in front of the accommodation.
The extended crane travelling beam was hit by a passing structure, deforming the I-Beam and needed repair. Alatas Singapore attended and dismantled the travelling beam, trolley & bogey and carried out steel repairs as follows.
- Portside crab beam: renewed 1.5m of manufactured I-Beam, all weldings passed NDT testing
- Starboard side crab beam: hung 1.2m of manufactured I-Beam, all welding seams passed NDT testing
- Portside hook garage (hook stopper) re-manufactured and welded into place
- Trolley wheel carriage damaged, new frame and bogey wheel manufactured and installed
- Travelling gear pinion had two broken teeth: new gear machined and installed
- Portside cable and junction box for light, limit switch and load cell were changed
- Trolley centre pin and bushing was opened and checked for damage – found in good condition
- Crane was reinstalled on board, function tested and overload tested under the supervision of an Alatas Senior Crane Engineer.