|Alatas Service||Field Service, Load Testing|
|Vessel Type||General Cargo Ship|
|Crane Type||Marine Deck Crane|
|Crane Type||MacGregor Twin Crane|
Alatas was engaged to carry out a crane inspection & overload test in one attendance, before providing relevant crane load test certificates in Singapore. The job scope included a full crane condition assessment, function testing, and pre-load testing inspection.
The crane check-up was performed by one of our Senior MacGregor crane engineers and our Load Testing team provided water bags and rigging gear to carry out the complex overload testing procedure.
The customer’s general cargo vessel is equipped with 4x MacGregor-Hagglunds deck cranes. Crane 1 & Crane 3 are single-deck cranes, type GL 6027/MLC/4037-2 with a capacity of 60T @ 27M and 40T @ 37M radius.
Crane 2A & 2B are Twin CranesTGL 4522/MLC/3031-2 (2A is Master Crane and 2B is the Slave Crane), each crane can lift 45T in single crane mode and 90T in twin crane mode (aka tandem crane mode). Furthermore, twin cranes 2A & 2B can be combined with Crane 1 or Crane 3 for a team lift (combined lift) of 120 Ton.
Our Inspections and Crane Load Test Certifications
Alatas is a class certified crane service specialist and approved according to IACS UR Z17 to conduct surveys, servicing, and testing lifting of appliances. Deploying competent persons allows us to issue ILO 152 Form B crane load test certificates.
Alatas is unique in having the expertise and capability to carry out full annual and quadrennial crane inspections together with waterbag load testing in one single attendance. Our Senior MacGregor expert and Load Testing team worked together to make the attendance of the MacGregor twin cranes as efficient as possible. After our experts completed the inspections and testing, we provided the customer with comprehensive packages of crane load test certificates and reports.
Alatas load test reports incude
- Load testing picture report and crane condition report including recommendations
- Load testing Protocol, incl. pressure setting records and crane overload limit settings
- Crane Load test certificate ILO 152 Form B
Alatas pre-load test crane condition assessments include
- Pre-inspection of crane structure, ropes, sheaves & blocks
- Testing & adjusting of crane machinery & safeties, such as:
Limit switches & Electric, electronic & hydraulic overload protection equipment
- Verifying Safe Load Indicators (SLIs) for rated & actual load indication, radius indication and correct alarm settings
- Setting up the crane for overload testing, incl. by-passing of overload protection systems.
- Conducting the load test as per Alatas load test protocol & check-list
- Recording of crane parameters, such as pressures for SWL and Proof Load
- Resetting all safeties to SWL to ensure the crane is fully overload protected.
- Optional Service: taking samples of the hydr. Oil and of the slewing bearing grease for condition analysis
We operate globally and can provide time and money-saving inspection and testing attendances wherever your cranes are in operation. Contact us with any inquiries.