Alatas Service: Field Service
Region: Middle East
Model: H30T 26MR
In March 2020 the Alatas Ship Engineering Services team based in the Middle East carried out the boom repairs to an IHI H30T 26MR crane.
The boom for an IHI H30T 26MR crane was damaged after maintenance was attempted to the cable reel for the cargo grab. Our team in the Middle East conducted a structural welding programme to get it back into operation.
To perform the repairs, the boom was lowered and met the boom rest for Crane 1.
The procedure carried out by the Alatas Worldwide Engineering team included material specifications, risk assessment and method statements that were approved by Class NK before the work began.
The job was completed professionally and on time to the satisfaction of the client.
Job Scope for the IHI H30T 26MR Boom Repairs
Please take a look at our full scope of work and gallery below.
- Preparation of the repair procedure and submitting to Class NK for approval
- Sourcing and bending of the material within the local Middle East market
- Attend site and meet with vessels representatives and insurance surveyor to discuss the work scope and time frame
- Removal of crane wires and the boom and positioned on the vessel’s hatch covers
- Removal and replacement of the damaged section as per the procedure
- NDT for all welding work
- Install the boom back to the crane
- Reinstall the wire ropes
- A complete inspection of the deck crane and checking the hydraulic pressures
- Function test of the crane and set the limit switches
- Load test the crane to +5t of the SWL
- Carry out post-NDT of the welding
- Sign over to the client