|Workshop Repairs, Parts Supply, Mining
Our client, Kansanshi Mining, operates one of the largest Copper mines across the African Copper-Belt. They called in Alatas UK to assist with this Tadano TR-350M transmission repair.
The Daikin K6222-796 transmission unit on the Tadano TR-350M had failed, leaving it inoperable. That specific Daikin model had been discontinued which meant we were unable to contact them for a replacement.
Our Tadano TR-350M Transmission Repair Soultion
Our highly skilled hydraulic workshop in Bradford, in the UK, underwent the inspection, repair and refurbishment of the transmission. Kansanshi Mining sent the defunct unit to the UK via air freight and to the Bradford Alatas hydraulic workshop performed a full assessment of the unit upon arrival.
Some original parts were found in our extensive in-house stock but where the original parts were no longer available, Alatas modified the transmitter unit using components sourced our global parts supply network.
After new paintwork and testing, the Tadano TR-350M transmission was air freighted back to the mine in Africa where it was reinstalled the mobile crane. With a successful installation, the crane was put back into operation.
Job Scope for Repairs to Tadano TR-350M Transmission
- Complete strip and clean
- Identify damaged components
- NDT / Crack-Test all components that had no visual damage
- Replace all damaged parts
- Replace all bearings, seals and control solenoids as a formality
- Replace EM steering pump with a new type due to obsolescence of original and supply fitting kit and installation instructions
- Full test on our testbed
- Package in export crate and air freight