|OFFSHORE- LIFEBOAT EQUIPMENT
|NORTH SEA / UK / NORWICH
|LIFEBOAT LAUNCHING DAVIT
|MODEL / BRAND
|FIBER-REINFORCED PRODUCTS PL-N-6820
Alatas Engineering and Design Services were tasked by the client to provide a repair procedure for their asset lifeboat launching davit.
An inspection of the lifeboat davit was completed and corrosion was found on key structural members which required repairs. Alatas offered to carry out structural analysis to the required design code as well as a repair procedure to reduce the cost of the repair implementation by eliminating repairs that were not necessary. This included a site survey to obtain key dimensions required for 3D modeling and analysis.
Alatas Design team concluded an analysis which identified only one of the areas identified in the report required fabrication maintenance repairs. A subsequent repair procedure, associated drawings, and fabrication drawings for the replacement part were provided for offshore implementation.
1. Carry out a site survey to obtain dimensions to progress the onshore phase. Technician mobilization to obtain any missing dimensions and carry out UT thickness readings.
2. Carry out office engineering to:
- Model affected steelwork and surrounding steel
- Model the corrosion on the structural members
- Analyze the undamaged and damaged structures under design loadings to assess the impact of the corrosion and identify if any areas can be cleaned and treated instead of fully replaced.
- Produce a design summary report with findings and recommendations
- Finalise modeling of the replacement steelwork components and create fabrication drawings
- Create repair procedure with associated drawings