|Alatas Service||Deck Crane Drydock Overhaul|
|Location||Singapore Ship Yard|
|Vessel Type||Container Feeder Vessel|
|Equipment Type||Deck crane|
|Cranes||LIEBHERR, Type CBW 45(40)/26.5(29.5) LS|
The vessel is over 10 years old and is undergoing its 2nd special survey during drydocking in Singapore. The ship is equipped with 4 units of Liebherr cylinder luffing deck cranes type CBW with a lifting capacity of 45 tons. The Owners had decided to fully refurbish the container deck cranes on board, including removing and overhauling crane components such as hydraulic hoisting motors and luffing cylinders. An operator cabin changeout was planned as well.
ALATAS Singapore is run by former Liebherr Service Managers and we employ senior Liebherr Deck Crane engineers. Coupled with our vast experience in marine crane repairs, this makes Alatas a competent service provider for Liebherr Ship and Offshore cranes. Alatas has the competence and proven track record to work on Liebherr cranes.
The complete work scope was awarded to Alatas and we carried out the following work scope inside Sembawang Shipyard:
FULL WORK SCOPE
- Luffing cylinder overhaul and replacement of pivot bearings. Luffing cylinders were overhauled by our specialized hydraulic workshop, Alatas Marine Engineering (S) Pte Ltd.
- Luffing cylinder hydraulic return pipe replacement
- Crane cabin replacement, including installation of operator control desk and wiring
- Supply and change out of outer slewing bearing fasteners (stud bolts & nuts), which were seriously corroded and wasted away. Slewing bearing stud bolts are pre-tensioned and bolt tensioner tools were used
- Corrosion repair of Liebherr CWB crane jib head
- Overhaul of boom head rope sheaves
- Replacement of all corroded hydraulic hoses and fittings
- Replacement of corroded hydraulic coil cooler and oil cooler frame and housing
- Overhaul of 45T hook block and bottom shaves
- Replacement of wire ropes
- Crane function testing, limit switch setting, pressure adjustments, and crane load testing