|Alatas’ Service||Field Service|
|Location||EMEA/SPAIN / ALGECIRAS|
|Model||LIEBHERR CBW 45|
Alatas Turkey technicians came to the ship to change the brakes on the hoisting motor. The lifting drum and wire of the number 1 crane were first secured. The hydraulic motor was then lifted from the bolts as the crane was disassembled.
Alatas Turkey specialists traveled to Algeciras, Spain, in response to a client request for a hoisting motor brake change.
The technicians from Alatas TR secured the number 1 crane’s hoisting drum and wire. They performed the tests and disassemblies. The replacement seal was then installed, and the surfaces of the hydraulic motor and gearbox were cleaned.
- Alatas Turkey technicians traveled to Spain and attended to the vessel.
- Firstly they secured the number 1 crane hoisting drum and wire. The technicians then took apart the number 1 crane, removing the bolts holding the hydraulic motor in place, but they left the hose connections intact.
- In order to check for an oil leak, the crane was started and the hydraulic motor was given various movements. However, no oil leak was found.
- Then they decided to remove the old seal inside of the hydraulic motor and replaced it with a new one.
- After replacing the new seal, the crane was started again, and oil leaks were checked.
- No oil leak was detected.
- The hydraulic motor’s old o-rings from the inside and outside were reused.
- Finally, the experts cleaned the gearbox and hydraulic motor’s exterior surfaces. The hydraulic lifting motor was put in place.