|Alatas’ Service||Field Service|
|Equipment||Ship Crane Gearbox Hoisting Hydro motor|
Technicians from Alatas Turkey visited Douala, Cameroon. They completed the crane gearbox assembly and the hoisting hydro motor rocking test.
The customer called Alatas TR to evaluate and repair faults with the hoisting hydro motor, gearbox, and crane.
The experts examined the newly installed gearbox and lifting hydro motor. They placed the pieces back together after identifying and fixing the problems.
- Alatas TR technicians traveled to Douala and attended to the vessel shortly after meeting with the chief engineer.
- Firstly, Alatas technicians checked the new gearbox and hoisting hydro motor.
- The technicians dismantled the oil line by placing the crane in the park position.
- Personnel from the vessel handled moving the gearbox to the crane engine room. It was attached, torqued to 873 Nm, and then moved from the hydro motor to the crane engine room by the crew of the vessel.
- The brake system, joystick, and pilot valve were all installed by the technicians. The ship’s crew then mounted the brake pad after removing the oil circuit. Additionally, the ship’s crew updated the Crane oil filter and the oil-filled system.
- The hoisting rope drum’s safety fasteners were cut, the gearbox oil was filled, and the hoisting brake was adjusted the following day while Alatas TR specialists were operating the crane. Finally, the technicians examined the Crane and discovered no issues. They then carried out the rocking test of the cranes.