ALATAS Singapore carries out accident repairs on a Davit International Mono-Rail Crane
The vessel is equipped with a monorail crane, make D-I David International GmbH, type C-GEB. 50, mounted in front of the accommodation. The extended crane travelling beam got hit by a passing structure, deforming the I-Beam in the process and needed repair.
ALATAS Singapore attended at Singapore, dismantled the Travelling Beam, Trolley & boogey and carried out steel repairs as follows:
1. Portside crab beam: renewed 1.5m of manufactured I-Beam, all weldings passed NDT testing.
2. Starboard side crab beam: hanged 1.2m of manufactured I-Beam, all welding seams passed NDT testing.
3. Port side hook garage (hook stopper) re-manufactured and welded into place.
4. Trolley wheel carriage damaged, new frame & bogey wheel manufactured and installed.
5. Travelling gear pinion had 2 broken teeth: new gear machined and installed.
6. Portside cable and junction box for light, limit switch and load cell were changed.
7. Trolley centre pin and bushing was opened and checked for damage - found OK.
8. Crane was re-installed on board, function tested and overload tested under supervision of a ALATAS Senior Crane Engineer.
Vessel at Jurong Shipyard
Monorail damaged portside on arrival
Beam arrives in workshop
Starboard wheel damage
Portside hook stopper cables damaged
Travelling gear pinion with broken teeth, new gear fabricated and installed
Old damaged items
New wheel carriage
Starboard side beam damaged area cut out and renewed