The Diving Support Vessel was operating in Labuan, East Malaysia and the cranes were due for their annual cargo gear survey and re-certification. The cranes onboard are one AHC crane, i.e. Active Heave Compensated Offshore Crane, make NOV (former Hydralift), type OC3426KSCE, SWL 140(70) Ton and two Hydramarine Knuckleboom cranes type HMC 1400 LK 15
ALATAS, as an Enterprise of Competence employs multi-disciplined, factory trained Crane Engineers, who are flag approved Competent Persons. Our Senior Engineers & Crane Inspectors are certified to API 2D and have category B-1 competent person approval from the Norwegian Maritime Authority, permitting us to carry out annual and 5 yearly crane & lifting gear inspections and load tests, and endorse the cargo gear certificates as per ILO 152.
ALATAS Singapore Pte Ltd mobilized one of their Senior Crane Engineers with B-1 certification, organized test loads and carried out the inspection and overload test in Labuan.
Our Annual Crane Inspection (CCE - Crane Condition Evaluation) consists of the following:
MARINE CRANES - GENERAL CHECK-UP SCOPE OF WORK:
• Review of certification & maintenance records.
• Inspection of steel structure & loose gears etc. according our flag state & class approved crane check-up list
• Inspection and function testing of all main drive components
• Checking and adjustment of all electric and electronic settings
• Checking and adjustment all hydraulic settings
• Measuring the leak-oil amount of all axial piston pumps and motors in order to determine their internal grade of wear (second crane technician required)
• Measuring axial clearance of slewing bearing ring.
• Crane function test
• Taking samples of hydraulic oil & bearing grease for analysis
• Carry out miscellaneous repair as necessary and possible with board means & time available during the check-up
• Endorsement of Cargo Gear Book,
Overload testing and issuing ILO 152 form 2, Certificate of Test and Thorough Examination of Lifting Appliances.
Based on the findings of our engineer and the completed check list, we will then forward our follow-up recommendations, which contains the following information:
• Summary picture report, stating :
- general condition of the crane
- defects found, highlighting safety critical deficiencies
- recommendations of outstanding items to follow-up
• Completed crane check list, red-amber-green
• General observations / recommendations
• Offer of spare parts & labour to repair defects found
• Hydr. oil sample analysis report
• Ferrography analysis on the slewing bearing grease