Slew Bearing Replacement with Minimum Downtime on MacGreor Hagglunds Gl2524-2
ALATAS Middle East was requested to undertake a slew bearing change out with minimum down time. The Alatas workforce was mobilized once the vessel was secured in the port to carry out the job site assessment and the panning of the heavy lift.
The job scope included the following:
• Mobilization of personnel
• Mobilization of one 200t and one 400t mobile crane.
• Removal of slew gear boxes.
• Disconnection of electric slip ring unit.
• Hookup of the heavy lift cranes.
• Removal of slew bearing bolts.
• Separation of the crane from its foundation.
• Resting of the crane on the quay side.
• Cleaning of slew bearing flange.
• Flatness check of slew bearing flange.
• Installation of crane and associated components.
• Commissioning, testing and handing over to operation.