Alatas was formed in 1988 by a group of ex Liebherr Managers and Engineers. The aim of the company was to provide an alternative source of original spare parts and crane service worldwide. Alatas also secured dealerships with several mobile crane companies, and began supplying spare parts worldwide.
30 Years later Alatas has 14 Offices and service stations located around the world including the UK, Dubai, Germany, Hong Kong, Singapore and the USA. From these locations the company provides experienced Crane Service Engineers and supplies original and replacement crane spare parts.
- A minimum of 5 years working within the crane industry.
- Apprenticed served in either electrics/mechanics or hydraulics/mechanics.
- Experience of commissioning and fault finding on electromechanical and/or hydro mechanical systems.
- Be willing to travel aboard and work on a none rotary pattern.
- Be willing to work on their own or within a team.
- IT literate and be able to write reports.
- UK driving licence.
- Have the ability to read schematics and engineering drawings then translate this into practice.
- Have the ability to problem solve and think out of the box.
- Be able to work at heights.
- Crane industry or Liebherr/MacGregor/Hagglund/IHI/MHI/Tsuji/LMG trained.
- Leadership experience.
- An in depth knowledge of preventative maintenance.
- Experience working with marine engineering applications.
- An attractive salary would be negotiated with the successful candidate.
- Medical cover
- Company vehicle
- Profit shares
Interested applicants are invited to submit their resume to:
In our Hydraulic Workshop in Hong Kong we repair and overhaul hydraulic components like pumps , motors and valves to the highest quality standards. We carry out all repairs with original spares and all repairs are tested on our 200 kW test-bench. We supply a variety of industries including construction, shipping, offshore and industrial hydraulics.
Currently we are looking for a Hydraulic Specialist, experienced in the repair of hydraulic pumps, motors and valves of different brands and different generations.
Experience in Hydraulics including the relevant education background
Minimum 2 years working experience in a specialist workshop
Professional Attitude as required in a service oriented business
Fluent spoken and written English
Self-driven and willing to take responsibility
We offer an attractive remuneration package, an interesting position and a career opportunity with leaders in the industry.
• To carry out field service attendances to troubleshoot & repair marine cranes and port cranes
• Technical degree or Diploma in Electrical Engineering or Mechatronic Electrical Officer Certification, having worked on vessels with Cargo Cranes
• Have an in-depth knowledge and understanding of electric drives, electrohydraulic operated cranes, crane control systems and hydraulic components.
• Able to independently troubleshoot hydraulic, mechanical and electrical problem on cranes
• Able to supervise a team of mechanics and carry out larger repair projects as Lead Engineer
• Able to write technical reports and able to communicate with owners, also in writing
• Previous employment with one of the main crane manufacturers as service engineer will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV in Microsoft Word format to email@example.com
with the following details:
• Notice Period
• Reason for leaving
• Last Drawn and Expected Salary
• Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
GENERAL MANAGER – (Marine Crane Repairs, Marine Parts & Equipment Sales in Singapore)
Overview and nature of our business:
ALATAS Singapore Pte Ltd is part of ALATAS Crane Services Worldwide (www.alatas.com) and provides services for ship and offshore cranes and Marine Machinery in Singapore and in the Asian region. We offer quality service through filed service attendance, parts supply, workshop repairs and technical advice. We specialize in Ship and Offshore cranes such as LIEBHERR, MacGREGOR, NMF, O&K, BLM, TSUJI, IHI, MITSUBISHI, TTS-MARINE, FAVELLE FAVCO, AMCLYDE and others. We also trade in Combined we have more than 80 years (!) of experience in the field.
Crane parts are sourced directly from the component manufacturers by our cost cutting team. We offer original parts with great cost savings on most. As for obsolete items, ALATAS specified & tested alternatives are available.
Manage day-to-day operations of the office, spare parts- & field service divisions, warehouse and workshop operations.
Review business processes and ensure the company’s quality polices and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment) codes and procedures are complied with.
Perform operations budget and cost control
Provide planning for the continuity of staff & manpower development
Liaise with the customers, internal and external parties
Skills and experience required:
Degree in Engineering or any relevant discipline (Mechanical, Hydraulic, Electrical, Marine etc)
Minimum 10 years in ship-repairs sector, of which at least 5 years should be managerial experience. You MUST have worked as a marine crane service manager and MUST have handled marine crane related service & repair projects projects. You should be able to demonstrate a proven track record.
Must be able to maintain and establish contacts with and direct efforts of consultants, engineers, contractors and vendors engaged in marine projects
Knowledgeable in HSE standard codes
Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
Can work under pressure and must be extremely hands on and proactive, as this is not purely an office-based job